Global Expansion FAQ’s
- Every EOR handles this process a differently, but with Bradford Jacobs, our journey is this:
- Step 1: Assessment We like to understand your organisation fully to assess which of our services will be most necessary in helping you globally expand; we call it a PEO relationship. By taking the time to get to know your business and its goals, we get a better insight of who you would like to employee in the new territory. With this information, we can hit the ground running with processes that make sure your global employees are completely compliant, such as setting up payroll, benefits, tax, and visas.
- Step 2: Onboarding As your Employer of Record, we agree terms with you before setting up your employment contracts. Here, we’re aiming to understand all your company benefits and working arrangements so that employees understand these from the get-go and feel like part of the family. At this point we take a small service deposit to protect you and the employee in the event of sudden redundancy. Throughout the expansion process, as your chosen PEO Employer of Record, we take your protection and international compliancy seriously to reduce risk for all parties at every step.
- Step 3: Ongoing support We’ll provide continuous oversight to your global employees, ensuring that benefits and payroll are delivered on time, every time. No matter the time, country, or language, if you have any issues or concerns regarding payroll, benefits, tax, or legal compliance, we’re here to help.
- Without a PEO: If you would like to purchase property or take advantage of local corporate tax rates, setting up your own entity may be an attractive option. With a PEO: No. Experience true global mobility without the risk or expense of creating your own legal entity in a new country.
- Without a PEO: Timing varies depending on a number of different factors, but you can expect at least 3-4 months before you can compliantly enter a new market. However, this can change significantly due to delays, errors, or misunderstandings throughout the process. With a PEO: Use one of our existing Global entities and enter a new market in days.
Without a PEO: Every responsibility and risk falls on your shoulders, even if you’ve never been through the process of setting up an entity in another country. You’re at high risk of violating a country-specific law, resulting in unexpected fines, and you could be in the red in a new market before you’ve even begun trading. With a PEO: We’ve been through this process countless times with different companies all over the world, so you know that every step you take is efficient, cost-effective, and 100% compliant with a country’s laws. Check out our guide on the pros and cons on PEO vs Setting up an Entity.
- Without a PEO: You’ll need to be on-hand for a team of local lawyers, accountants, and HR – not to mention any queries from your remote workers about their payroll, tax deductions, pension payments, benefits, and more. Your focus will be torn from your business growth. With a PEO: If you make the most of our EOR services, you will find that the ongoing management of an entity and its Global employees barely ever take time from your day. We’ll handle every laborious process in compliance with country laws.
If I choose not to use a Global PEO and establish an entity instead, which entity setup and support services do you provide?
- With our years of expertise in this area, we can support your process of setting up an entity in a number of ways:
- Give you insights into local laws and regulations
- 24/7 support, in many time-zones and languages
- Use local connections to save you time and money
- Ensure that you’re 100% compliant throughout
- Ongoing guidance in any of the complexities around Global entity setup
Global Professional Employer Organization FAQ’s
- Yes. Using our international recruitment networks and connections, we can find, shortlist, and hire the best talent in any country. Plus, as your EOR, we’ll take on all the responsibilities on managing their day-to-day processes, such as payroll, taxes, benefits, and more.
- The short answer is increased risk and the chance of steep fines or penalties. In many countries, Employee Misclassification is a serious legal offense. For example, even though they may be a contractor, if you provide them with sufficient work for 5 days a week, that can lead to you being their only client and they can no longer be classified as a contractor or consultant. This is where, as an EOR, we can confirm that an employee’s ongoing status is 100% compliant with the complex legalities of each country.
- Yes. Becoming your EOR, as part of our PEO services, we’ll handle all the finer details of payroll, from ensuring monthly payment to deducting taxes and pension payments as the local employment laws require
- Within 24 hours. As soon as we know your company’s goals for global expansion and the PEO services that will most benefit you, we can draw up a mutual contract and get to work.
- Our expert PEO services have supported all kinds of clients in various industries around the world, from Legal to Software. If you’re looking for a Global PEO, we can help you.
- For all global employees, we would become your Employer of Record (EOR), meaning that we take on the risks and responsibilities of your international employees. However, these employees are still legally employed by your company and come to you for day-to-day management – we just take care of all the local processes like payroll and benefits, so that you don’t have to.
- Should you need to unexpectedly terminate the contract in the case of an emergency or the necessity to put employees on furlough, you pay a deposit.
HR administration and in-house HR resources: International PEO is a way to employ people without having your own “company” in the country. In some countries, it is also a way of cooperating around the administration of the employment contracts between the employing company, an administrative company, and the employee. This cooperation is also referred to as Agency Employment, Out staffing, White-label, or Co-Employment.
- PEO employment is a term that may be used to refer to your employment process overseas, with your expert PEO acting as your Employer of Record (EOR). In laymen’s terms, the PEO handles the risk and paperwork, while you reap the benefits of 100% compliant expansion.
In business, the meaning of PEO could completely vary by person and business, but to us, PEO means:
- Spending less money
- Taking less time
- Reducing risks
- 100% compliance, anywhere in the world
- The first step in international success, for businesses of all sizes
- Ability to test new markets internationally
- PEO fees are the contracted fees you pay for the ongoing support of your Professional Employer Organization. This covers their expertise services and will save you significant amounts of money, time, and resources in your business expansion.
Employer of Record FAQ’S
- Every EOR handles this process a differently, but with Bradford Jacobs, our journey is this:
- Step 1: Assessment We like to understand your organization fully to assess which of our services will be most necessary in helping you globally expand; we call it a PEO relationship. By taking the time to get to know your business and its goals, we get a better insight of who you would like to employee in the new territory. With this information, we can hit the ground running with processes that make sure your global employees are completely compliant, such as setting up payroll, benefits, tax, and visas.
- Step 2: Onboarding As your Employer of Record, we agree terms with you before setting up your employment contracts. Here, we are aiming to understand all your company benefits and working arrangements so that employees understand these from the get-go and feel like part of the family. At this point we take a small service deposit to protect you and the employee in the event of sudden redundancy. Throughout the expansion process, as your chosen PEO Employer of Record, we take your protection and international compliancy seriously to reduce risk for all parties at every step.
- Step 3: Ongoing support We will provide continuous oversight to your global employees, ensuring that benefits and payroll are delivered on time, every time. No matter the time, country, or language, if you have any issues or concerns regarding payroll, benefits, tax, or legal compliance, we are here to help.
- There is no limit on the size or kind of business that can benefit from an Employer of Record. If you are looking to expand into new countries, you may benefit from an EOR. For small to medium-sized businesses who cannot shoulder the inherent risks of expansion alone, an EOR like Bradford Jacobs can offer support in local finance, HR, and employment laws all over the world. This means you can keep your resources streamlined and where you need them, focusing on your business growth strategy. Even for the biggest of Fortune 500 companies, an EOR opens the door to new levels of global mobility, entering in new countries and markets compliantly with a team of experts with local knowledge and networks to make use.
- We are not, but that does not mean we cannot find and recruit talent or international employees all over the world with our Global Employment Outsourcing services. With our in-depth knowledge of employment laws around the world and existing relationships with local recruiters and talent, we cut down the time and resources needed to fill your international workforce with top talent.
- While it sometimes appears more convenient and cost-effective to hire foreign contractors, doing so means you need to be knowledgeable on all the laws and regulations affecting their employment in whatever country you are moving into. For example, to do so, you need to set up legal entity within that country, which can be a costly, drawn-out process. Not to mention that failing to do this beforehand can land you with some serious fines, penalties, and even potential a court case.
- We are able to onboard a new international employee for you in hours or in some cases days. In, no longer than 3 weeks, you can have you entire set up in another country across all our countries. With years of expertise and existing local connects and labor infrastructure, we can get your new employees adding value to your company in no time.
- As the company who knows best where your employees’ time is best spent, we will leave the day-to-day management to you. Our job is to handle the legalities and processes included in hiring international employees, such as payroll, benefits, and taxes, making sure they are all sorted and 100% compliant without ever landing on your desk.
- There is no need. One of the major benefits of making a Global PEO your Employer of Record is that you do not need to set up a legal entity in another country to hire new employees, which, naturally, would require a heavy investment of time, money, and resources. We have existing infrastructures to be able to legally source, hire, and manage new global employee processes and remain 100% compliant in each country you need to operate in. It is what we do, and we do it well.
- If you have found talent in a country we are not in, it will not be a problem. We have a network of experts around the world, meaning we can act as a liaison with local teams to organize payroll, benefits, taxes, and everything else your new employee needs.
- As the United States in the only country to recognize “at-will employment”, you will not need to worry about this specific legality in other countries. The idea of at-will employment is a US-only concept that means an employee can be fired at any time without prior warning, as long as the reason they are being fired is not illegal, such as an act of discrimination. This also applies to the employee, who may quit without formal warning, should they want to. As your EOR, we understand the nuances of each countries’ labour laws, including collective bargaining agreements, workers’ union, and any specific regulations you may need to be made aware of. No matter the country, we will make sure you are compliant and in the loop.
- Of course – that is why we are experts. We have years of experience in local labor laws, employment regulations, local work culture, and so much more, meaning we can handle every step of the process with 100% compliance and ease, as your chosen EOR.